Vyšehrad Guided Tours | Immerse Yourself in the Magnificent History of this Fortress in Prague
Vyšehrad is the cynosure of the history and legends of Prague. This 10th-century fort is positioned on the rugged headland of the Vltava River which offers a spectacular portrait of the city. It is home to some of Prague's most important historical sites. The Vyšehrad guided tour is the perfect way to experience the history and significance of this famous landmark.
Why Take a Vyšehrad Guided Tour?
The historical fort of Vyšehrad has a rich history and is one of the most prominent tourist attractions of Prague. Here are the reasons why you should take a guided tour.
Guided Tours vs Non-Guided Tours
- Vyšehrad Guided Tours generally comprise a minor group of tourists. You will have an interactive and socially rich experience.
- A tour guide will attend and provide you with the history of the fort, the stories around the monuments, and its significance.
- You don't have to spend time buying entrance tickets and paying any other fees as all these costs are usually included in the Vyšehrad guided tour ticket.
- Vyšehrad Guided tours cover all the significant spots so you won't miss out on anything.
- Non-Guided Tours are a good option if you like traveling alone. You can tour at your own pace and do not have to follow a group.
- You will have to pay the fee and learn about other charges by yourself.
- Gathering information ahead of time about the tourist spot can enrich your trip.
- Your trip would not be time-bound. It provides flexibility in the schedule.
Highlights Covered on your Vyšehrad Guided Tour
Rotunda of St. Martin
Not far from the entrance is the oldest rotunda in Prague which stood through the test of time and wars. During the period of the Thirty Years War, it was utilized as a gunpowder stock.
Although the rotunda is accessible generally during services, the outside view is just as spectacular and won't disappoint you.
The Vyšehrad Casemates were constructed during the building of bastion fortification in the 17th or 18th century. The casemates are a complex underground system that was meant for troop transit. The Vyšehrad casemates are around 1.6 m wide and 2.6 m tall, with ventilation shafts every few meters that open into the fortifications. In some places inside the casemates, There are concealed crawl spaces for small arms, as well as nooks where soldiers stored their weapons and other gear.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vyšehrad Guided Tours
A. Yes, Vyšehrad Guided Tours are available. You can book one according to your budget.
A. You can easily book a Vyšehrad guided tour online with all the necessary information available. You can book a guided tour here.
A. A guided tour to Vyšehrad costs around €34. It includes the ticket charges and metro tickets as well as other expenses.
A. There are two different types of Vyšehrad guided tours. One includes a visit to the Gorlice and one is without it. The Vyšehrad guided tour that includes a trip to the Gorlice is only available with an English-speaking guide. However, the other Vyšehrad guided tour is available in multiple languages.
A. Vyšehrad Guided Tours are conducted by knowledgeable and expert tour guides. Depending upon your guided tour type, there may even be a metro ticket included.
A. The availability of Vyšehrad guided tours in different languages depends on the type of guided tour you are opting for.
A. Yes, a guided tour makes the entire experience more interactive and informative. It will familiarize you with the ancient history of Prague and the abundant historical background of the Fort.
A. Yes, to make the trip more comfortable, skip-the-line access is available to save both time and energy for the tourists.
A. The cancellation of a booked ticket varies. Make sure to check the cancellation policy before booking a guided tour.
A. The Vyšehrad guided tour is usually two hours long to cover all the important spots of the complex.